How To Create A Website With WordPress: If you are serious about making money online with a website, then I would suggest that you use WordPress as your website creation software. WordPress is open source software and that means WordPress itself is free.
How To Create A Website
Before you begin creating a website with WordPress, you will need to purchase a website hosting plan and you will need to register a website domain name.
1. Purchase a Website Hosting Plan – Website hosting is where you upload your website files so that the world can see your website. This is also where you will upload WORDPRESS and your WORDPRESS THEME so that you can begin creating your website. Website hosting plans are easily sourced and setup for you to use.
2. Register a Domain Name – You will need to choose a domain name and register your domain name in order to create your website. It is very important that you choose the right domain name for your website.
Once you have chosen a suitable domain name for your website, you will need to see if it is available. If not, just twit it a bit until you find something that is available. Also, some website hosting plans include a free domain name with the plan.
3. Upload WordPress – Once you have purchased your website hosting plan and registered your domain name, download WORDPRESS and upload it to your website hosting account. If you are not sure how to upload WordPress to your website hosting account, you can find this information on youtube.
4. Choose a WordPress Theme – I always suggest to people that you purchase a PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEME because the creators of those themes provide step-by-step instructions on how to customize the theme to suit the design of your website. Free themes have limitations and you don’t want these limitations if you are serious about making money online. Therefore, I suggest you purchase a PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEME.
How To Create a Website With WordPress
I have been creating website since 2003. I started with Adobe Dreamweaver. I designed all my own templates and of recent times, I have designed responsive website templates, landing pages and opt-in pages. It was always long and tedious work. I noticed a lot of people were using WordPress so I decided to give it a go. As they say, the rest is history. I use WordPress now. There are four reasons why I learned how to create a website with WordPress.
1. WordPress is a Content Management System – WordPress provides a content management system for your website. When you login to your WordPress website, everything is managed within WordPress. This makes it so easy to create pages, posts, menus, etc. etc. The WordPress dashboard provides all the tools necessary to create your website without having an in-depth knowledge of html coding.
2. WordPress Permits Premium Themes – WordPress itself is a content management system. You need a WordPress theme in order to create a website. PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEMES are templates that you can customize to suit the look of your website. In other words, Premium WordPress Themes do all the heavy lifting as far as design goes. All you need to do is customize the design to suit your needs. Generally, PREMIUM WORDPRESS THEMES cost around $37.
NB If you purchase WordPress themes from StudioPress, you will need to purchase the Genesis framework (once only) for $44.96 and a WordPress Child Theme for around $37. All the WordPress Premium Themes (known as child themes) work on the Genesis framework.
3. WordPress Provides Plugins – WordPress plugins are pieces of software that contain a group of functions that add to your website. They extend the functionality and add new features to your WordPress websites. With SEO on your WordPress website, you simple use a plugin like Yoast SEO. For social networking you can use a plugin like Simple Social Icons. With opt-in forms you use a plugin like Contact Form 7. Plugins do all the heavy lifting for you. You simply need to choose the one that suits your needs.
4. WordPress Provides Widgets – WordPress widgets are tiny blocks of specific functionality which add additional content and features to your website sidebar, header, below content and footer.
Widgets can be easily dragged and dropped into a specific widget area. You can find the list of available widgets and widget areas by going to the Appearance » Widgets section in your WordPress dashboard. Widgets areas will vary from theme to theme.
Some Concluding Comments
To learn how to create a website with WordPress, you will need to purchase a website hosting plan, register your domain name, download WordPress and upload it to your website hosting account and set WordPress up, login to your WordPress website and choose and activate WordPress theme and start creating your website. Remember plugins and widgets are there to help you with specific functions on your website.
If you are not sure about something, go to youtube and the information is readily available. In fact, you will find in-depth tutorials on most subjects related to WordPress and WordPress themes.